While some off-airport destinations, such as Waikiki and other hotels, are available, the majority of our rentals are booked at one of the island’s airports. Each island has a single airport, including Maui, Kauai, Oahu, and Molokai. One exception is the Big Island, which has two airports. There are two major airports on the Big Island, one in Hilo and the other at Kailua-Kona.
BIG ISLAND HAWAII
- Seven rental car companies are located on-airport. Rental car offices are located on the ground level across the street opposite the Terminal.
- All car rental companies maintain both baseyards and check-in counters off-terminal and are served by a continual flow of shuttles You may board the shuttles from the center median located across the street from baggage claim areas A and B. Companies served include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
- All major companies are represented at Lihue Airport. To pick up your car, proceed from the baggage claim area to the Rent-A-Car booths across the street from the terminal. Pick up and drop off for all companies is behind the respective rental car booths.
- All of our rental car partners are located in the Maui airport CONRAC (consolidated rental car facility). The building is accessible via a short ride on a tram/trolley. You’ll find the trolley just across the road from the baggage claim.
- Pre-Arranged Ground Transportation service permittees provide ground transportation services from the airport on a prearranged basis. Arrangements are usually made by the passenger or the passenger’s agent or representative in advance of the passenger’s arrival at the airport and include passenger transportation services, tours, and courtesy car services.
- Six rental car companies, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and SIXT are located on-airport. All others provide off-airport car rentals. On airport rental car offices are located on the ground level of the Terminal 2 Parking Garage except for Enterprise, which is located on Aolele Street.
- Car rental shuttles stop in designated areas along the center median on the ground level outside of baggage claim areas.